1 or 2-Day Course
This course is designed with the needs of the law enforcement officer/competitor and hunter in mind. It offers instruction in the use of the shotgun in varied environments with a strong focus on safe manipulation, loading and unloading, proper fundamentals and accuracy.
Due to the various ammunition selections available, participants in this course will receive knowledge of the shotgun regarding patterning, accuracy and limitations.
Topics covered include:
- Shotgun set up and parts
- Ammunition selection and carriage
- Patterning and slug work
- Shotgun specific fundamentals
- Recoil management
- Loads and reloads/ammunition and switch-ups
- Positional shooting
- Shooting on the move
- Shooting from awkward positions
- Care and feeding
- 200 birdshot (7 1/2 or 8), 25 buckshot, 30 slugs
- Shell caddies, shot shell belt or pouches for ammo carriage
- Hearing protection, eye protection and a baseball cap
- Clothing suitable for inclement weather
- Elbow and/or knee pads
- Water and snacks
- Pen and pad if you wish to take notes (always a good idea)
Registration: Spot not confirmed until deposit is paid. Details will be sent via email after registration is received.