Red dot Pistol Operator
With the increasing popularity of red dot sighted pistols, Phase Line Green and Steve Russel of SR Precision are excited to offer a joint 2-day training course to those shooters who wish to optimize their skills and abilities with red dot sights mounted on pistols.
Earl’s bio is here on our site but here is Steve’s bio:
As a certified IPSC Master Black Badge Instructor, with 25+ years of instruction, Steve Russell teaches the Black Badge Program. Approximately 90% of Eastern Ontario IPSC members were taught by him. His students have gone on to become national and international IPSC champions.
His instruction is not limited to just IPSC Black Badge courses. He also teaches Fundamentals / Intermediate / to Advanced shooting skills and techniques across Ontario – both privately and in groups.
Steve teaches military (Special Forces) and multiple federal agency personnel with courses tailored to their needs. He covers body mechanics, economy of motion, transitions, hand-eye coordination, awareness skills, ability to think quickly – while maintaining safety at all times through dynamic courses of fire, and a lot more!
Steve holds multiple Provincial, National and USPSA Area match titles. He was a member of Team Ontario at numerous national championships, in Standard, Production and Classic divisions. A major accomplishment was being on the Canadian Standard Gold Team at the IPSC World championships, in South Africa.
DVC – Diligentia-vis-celeritas (accuracy-power-speed)
The two instructors have a wealth of knowledge and experience related to the use of firearms in competitive, instructional, and operational environments.
This course will be a dynamic training course with the majority of time spent performing live fire exercises on the range.
The instructor reserves the right to vet candidates based upon their abilities to ensure appropriate skill level for this course.
- Fundamentals of pistol operation
- Equipment choices, setup and optimization
- Sighting-in your red dot
- Movement, multiple target engagement and shooting from various positions
- Reliable pistol with mounted red dot sight
- Belt mounted holster that covers the trigger guard
- Minimum of two magazine pouches and at least 3 magazines
- 500 rounds (minimum) of reliable pistol ammunition
- Hearing protection, eye protection and a baseball cap
- Clothing suitable for inclement weather
- You may elect to wear armour, duty rigs, knee and elbow pads and helmets
- It is suggested that if you are operational that you wear your operational/duty equipment
- Cleaning kit and firearms lubricant
- Water, snacks, small first aid kit
- Pen and pad if you wish to take notes (always a good idea)
Registration: Spot not confirmed until deposit is paid. Details will be sent via email after registration is received.